Monday, August 15, 2005

Back on Track

Kudos to the N&O for not running another story about the whack-job mom protesting in Crawford (though they did run a funny bit about the guy who owns the land adjacent to the protest - he is getting pretty fed up and finally fired a shotgun into the air saying he was preparing for duck season. I like that guy.) [More on Sheehan's dopiness from Malkin here, and Confederate Yankee here]

And more cheers for the front page story (another Jay Price masterpiece) about Marines returning to Lejeune. Hard to not choke up reading about a father of a Marine killed in combat who rode his Harley to Lejeune to meet his son's returning unit. The father said, "I don't know why I'm here. I don't have any sort of agenda, no expectations. My heart tells me to be here to thank each and every one of them for serving. I say thank God for each and every one of them that made it back."

Let the Left have the protestor Mom, I'll take the Harley Dad.